- Your Government
- About the County
- Special Events
Grand County supports and welcomes special events that enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors by fostering sustainability; empowering community; balancing the natural solitude of the surrounding desert with world-class recreation; supporting local entrepreneurial and creative enterprise; and celebrating culture, heritage, and place.
Definition of a Special Event:
A sporting, cultural, entertainment, commercial, competitive, or similar gathering or activity that impact the County, its present of future inhabitants, or local businesses, whether for profit, non-profit, or charitable purposes, whether open to the public or not, whether located on private or public land (including trails), occurring for a limited duration not to exceed thirty (30) consecutive days where any one of the following criteria applies:
- Noise exceeds permissible levels set forth in Title 11 of the Grand County General Ordinances ("Noise Ordinance") may be used or created
- Activities exceed the normal scope of permitted use of the property
- Participants expect a duty of care, aka safety
- Public rights of way, including County roads and sidewalks, may be fully or partially closed
- The County Commission determines that the proposed Event will result in identifiable impacts on County services or the health, welfare, peace, comfort, or safety of Grand County residents and/or visitors
Special Events include (but are not limited to) events where entrance/participant fees are charged or suggested or other compensation is exchanged, retail sales are conducted or vendors offer goods or services, trail rides are regulated by a commercial, organized group/event, or competitive SRP (or similar) issued by the state or federal government are organized; races; concerts; or a public assembly, such as a parade, rally, or celebration.
- Non-commercial, non-competitive family, friends, or youth events such as weddings, family reunions, dances, parties, or garage sales with less than 250 Daily Total Attendance or 50 Motor Vehicles
- Conferences, trainings, lectures, sporting events, or similar events held in a permitted permanent facility consistent with the facility's occupancy and design standards
- Community events owned or sponsored by resolution by the County at a County-owned facility
Please see the current Grand County Special Event Ordinance for more information. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Event Ordinance No. 667 (2022)
- Grand County Fee Schedule
- Indemnification and Liability Agreement
- Property Owner's Permission
- Statement of Authority
- EMS Special Event Guidelines
- SEUHD Temporary Food Service Permit
- Local Consent Form (Alcohol) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
CHANGES TO EVENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Please take note that there are changes to the application process for special events in Grand County. Due to the need for streamlining the process, modifications to policies, resources, and efficiency for both applicants and staff – deadlines must be adhered to for all proposed events. Additionally, per the current Ordinance, submitting an Intent to Apply is mandatory.
Start your Special Event Intent to Apply (ITA) HERE
Please note that additional changes to the process, Ordinances, processing workflow, review process, and deadlines likely will be updated in the coming weeks. This page and relevant forms and procedures will be updated on this page immediately upon approval by the County.
Email notifications will also be sent to addresses that the processing agencies have on file. If you would like to sign up to join this email list serve, please send an email to email@example.com or submit a request below.
Thank you for understanding as we work hard to improve our procedures and customer service.
ITA Deadline and Review
|For Events Held||ITA Deadline||Review Date|
|January 1 - March 31||First Monday in July||2nd Commission Meeting in July|
|April 1 - June 30||First Monday in October||2nd Commission Meeting in October|
|July 1 - September 30||First Monday in January||2nd Commission Meeting in January|
|October 1 - December 31||First Monday in April||2nd Commission Meeting in April|
Sat Mar. 25
Sat Mar. 25 - Mon Mar. 27
Fri Mar. 31 - Sun Apr. 9
Follow us on social media: