|GROUND SNOW LOAD||21 psf if less than 5,000', if greater, go here:Snow Load Map|
- Your Government
- County Departments
- Building Inspector
- Design Criteria
These are GENERAL CRITERIA for the Grand County region. Specific locations or a change in elevation can cause variations in these criteria. See the table below for more information.
Ground Snow Load = 21 psf Wind Speed=115 mph Frost Depth=20" Winter Design Temp=8º
Flood Hazards=4/2/2020 Air Freezing Index=850 Mean Annual Temp=56.6º
Utah State Construction Code
- 2018 International Building Code, including Appendix J (2018 IBC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2015 International Residential Code (2015 IRC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (2018 IPC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (2018 IMC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (2018 IFGC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2020 National Electric Code (2020 NEC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code for Commercial (2018 IECC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code for Residential (2015 IECC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Existing Building Code (2018 IEBC) with Utah State Amendments
- Consistent with Title 65A, Chapter 8, Management of Forest Lands and Fire Control , the Legislature adopts the 2006 edition of the Utah Wildland Urban Interface Code, issued by the International Code Council, with the alternatives or amendments approved by the Utah Division of Forestry, as a construction code that may be adopted by a local compliance agency by local ordinance or other similar action as a local amendment to the codes listed in this section
- ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- Subject to Subsection 15A-2-104(2), the HUD Code
- Subject to Subsection 15A-2-104(1), Appendix E of the 2015 edition of the International Residential Code
- Installation and Safety Requirements for Mobile Homes Built Before June 15, 1976
- Subject to Subsection 15A-2-104(1), 2005 NFPA 225 Model Manufactured Home Installation Standard
- The residential provisions of the 2018 edition of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (2018 ISPSC)
For more information regarding Utah State Construction Code
- Utah State Legislature Title 15A Chapter 2 Part 1 Section 103 Adoption of State Construction Code
- Utah Administrative Rule | R156-15A State Construction Code Administration and Adoption of approved State Construction Code Rule | R156-15A-401 Adoption - Approved Codes
Grand County Design Criteria
Contact the International Code Council store to purchase your copies of the I-Codes or click here to view the free online version of the codes.
Click here to download sample floor plans that have been approved to use for small houses or accessory dwelling units.
Plans for proposed sanitary dumping stations must be submitted to the Grand County Building Department and the Southeastern Utah District Health Department for review and approval prior to the construction.
Follow us on social media: