Off Highway Vehicle Information

New 2023 Utah law requirements for 

All vehicles must stay on designated roads and trails. There are no open play areas, campgrounds included. Maximum speed limit on all 4x4 trails is 15 mph. Operation of vehicles off designated roads and trails is a class A misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment and/or forfeiture of vehicle. To report off road travel or vandalism call 435-259-2444. For more information visit Utah OHV laws

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees.

OHV Permit

To obtain a non-resident permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident. The cost for a 12-month permit is $30. Revenues generated from OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance of OHV trails throughout Utah.

A permit can be obtained online by visiting the Utah State Park website, or in Moab at the Moab Visitors Center located at the corner of Main Street and Center Street.