Special Event Permit
All Grand County Permittee and Special Events shall comply with the Grand County Special Events Ordinance (Chapter 8.16 of the General County Ordinances) in effect at the time of the Special Event.
Planning an event, race, concert, 4x4 event or festival in Moab? If your event is to be hosted in Grand County outside of Moab City limits, chances are you'll need a permit.
Please use the links below and fill out the required forms. You may print the application and mail, email or fax it in. Make sure to include a detailed site map when you submit the application.
Overview of the Special Event Permit process:
1. Read and review the Special Event Permit Ordinance. If needed, contact the Special Event Coordinator to discuss your proposed event and determine specific information required (435) 259-1370.
2. Complete and Submit the Special Event Permit application and any additional forms and information required 120 business days prior to your event. Applications shall be turned in with a detailed site plan and detailed course map before the review process begins. Incomplete applications cannot be processed until all information has been provided. This could cause delays that could result in the denial of the application.
3. The fees will be due before applications are submitted to the Special Event Committee. The fee schedule is included in the application. Applications will not be reviewed by the Committee until the permit fee has been paid. Please make checks payable to Grand County. Grand County also accepts debit and credit cards. Call the County Clerk/Auditor’s Office at (435) 259-1321 to pay by phone.
4. The Special Event Coordinator will circulate the application to other County departments for comments and concerns. The Special Event Coordinator will contact you with any further information or clarifications requested.
5. Once your complete application has been reviewed and all concerns addressed, you will receive a Special Event Permit, at least 5 days in advance of your event. A copy of the permit and all supporting documentation should be kept with event staff at the event as proof of authorization.
Online Intent to ApplyAn Intent to Apply is the first step in the application process. Once your Intent to Apply is approved, you will be sent a link to the appropriate application.
Special Event Intent to Apply
- When do I need a Special Event Permit?
- Can I pay the application fee over the phone with a credit card?
- Who can I call for Facility Reservations:
- Where can I get a Retail Beer/ Alcohol License?
- Do I need a Temporary Sales Tax License?
- Who do I contact for other permits that maybe required from other entities: