Do I need a Temporary Sales Tax License?
All vendors participating in special events are required to obtain a Temporary Sales Tax License and Special Return from the Utah State Tax Commission. Each Special Event Licensee is responsible for ensuring compliance with Utah State Tax Commission requirements. The license/return is only good for the event it is issued. Temporary licenses are issued to each individual participant of a special event, or the promoter of a special event may receive a number of temporary licenses for the vendors participating in his or her show. Licensing is obtained by contacting the Special Events Unit in the Salt Lake Office:
Special Event Sales Tax Licensing & Filing
Utah Special Events Unit
Utah State Tax Commission
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84134
(801) 297-6303
1-800-662-4335, ext. 6303
For business registration information, go to
Utah State Tax Commission

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a Special Event Permit?
2. Can I pay the application fee over the phone with a credit card?
3. Who can I call for Facility Reservations:
4. Where can I get a Retail Beer/ Alcohol License?
5. Do I need a Temporary Sales Tax License?
6. Who do I contact for other permits that maybe required from other entities: