- Your Government
- County Departments
- Library Services
- Donate Materials
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the Grand County Public Library!
Grand County Public Library welcomes your donated books, audio books, movies, music, and magazines. Your donation will be added to the Library's collection or sold at the Friends of the Library book sales.
Book Donation Guidelines
We will accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition. We cannot use damaged books (e.g., broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty or moldy, excessive writing in the text) or clearly outdated materials.
- Commercially published media (e.g., CDs, DVDs, videos).
- Recent editions of magazines can be put directly into the Magazine Exchange.
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Clearly outdated materials (see below for guidelines)
- Periodicals or academic journals
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- Professional journals
- Non-commercially produced media
- Workbooks or study guides that are partially or wholly filled in
- Computer programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to donate my books and other items?
- Donations of books should be taken directly to the Library.
How much can I claim as a charitable donation?
- We do not determine the value of the donation. Receipts can be provided designating quantity but the donor must declare the value.
What happens to the items I donate?
- Depending on the quality and condition of the donated items, they will be put into the Friends' book sale; added to the general collection of the library; or given away.
Grand County Public Library welcomes your donated artwork. For more information, please click here.
Thu Mar. 23
Fri Mar. 24
Fri Mar. 24
257 E. Center St.
Moab, UT 84532
MON - FRI
9 am- 8 pm
9 am- 5 pm
Closed Sundays & Legal Holidays
Castle Valley Branch
Castle Valley Community Center
2 Castle Valley Drive
Castle Valley, UT 84532
TUES, THURS, FRI
Subscribe to the Library Newsletter
Follow us on social media: