Submit My Book for Consideration
Reviews from industry sources (such as Library Journal, Kirkus Reviews, BookLife, Independent Publisher, Small Press Reviews, etc.) greatly improve library's ability to evaluate suggested titles.
If you would like to suggest your book for inclusion in the library collection, please fill out an online Purchase Request Form. On the form, please indicate that you are the author, and include links to professional reviews in the Additional Information section. If you are suggesting an ebook for purchase, it must be available through OverDrive.
If you would like to submit a review copy of your book for consideration, please send a copy with published reviews to:
Grand County Public Library
Attn: Collection Development
257 East Center Street
Moab, UT 84532
Grand County Public Library will not be able to return a review copy, provide updates on its place in the selection process, or provide feedback on why the title was or was not selected. Books that are not selected for addition to the collection will be treated as donations, and will be given to the Friends of the Library for inclusion in their semi-annual book sales. Books that are selected for the library collection will be added within 4 months.
Factors that the library will consider:
- Has the book been professionally edited?
- Has the book been formatted for easy readability?
- Has the book been professionally reviewed?
- Is the book sturdily bound so that it will stand up to multiple circulations?
- If it is non-fiction: is it indexed, and does the author have appropriate credentials verifying them as an authority on the topic?
- Are photos or illustrations used with permission?
- Does the local book store carry this title?
- Will the book be of interest to library patrons?
257 E. Center St.
Moab, UT 84532
MON - FRI
9 am- 8 pm
9 am- 5 pm
Closed Sundays & Legal Holidays
Castle Valley Branch
Castle Valley Community Center
2 Castle Valley Drive
Castle Valley, UT 84532
Curbside Pick Up by Appointment:
WED - FRI
1pm - 3pm